"As we pass through the trials of life, let us try to keep an eternal perspective, let us not complain, let us become even more prayerful, let us serve others, and let us forgive one another." -James B. Martino

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dangity dang.

Well look at that. Another year gone by, and my boredom has yet again led me to my blog. I'm awful at updating these sorts of things! Maybe I'll actually catch on this time? We'll see. :)

Lots has happened this year! I mean, I'm graduated from high school now and moving on to a whole new chapter in my life. I guess I should highlight some important events and whatnot that have happened? I've been all sorts of busy, as always, keeping up with my usual inability to tell people no and the stress that follows such handicap. There was my last season of marching band; participating in a stake performance of Handel's Messiah; several gigs with my Concert Choir homies; babysitting for my beloved choir director Mrs. Corley; accompanying our newly established jazz band; keeping involved with National Honors Society; attending many church shindigs; picking up a new and very dear best friend, Caleb Tyler Wood; going to almost every high school baseball game of the season (despite how little I may have previously known or cared about baseball...) in attempt to support my new friend; playing lots of piano; going on all sorts of adventures with some of my good friends (usually entailing delivery of treats or winning of talent shows, etc.); attending my senior prom, complete with limo and hot date; and just being a teenager... all while trying to balance 3 AP classes and a full school schedule. Despite the incredible lack of sleep, the stress, the emotional breakdowns, and everything in between, I don't think I would change much about this year. Don't get me wrong though, I am so glad it's all over.

Most recently, many events have been reminding me that I'm growing up! I've started my own little business as a piano teacher, I've just been hired as a hostess at the Outback (my first real job!), I'm applying to college, and now I'm graduated from high school. I don't know if you can really absorb how weird all of these changes are for me.

Some of my dear friends are already leaving, and I feel kind of lame staying back and attending community college. I don't want to be one of those weird kids that can't let go of high school and move on with life. But we'll see what goes down! Goodbye Valley Vista High School.... hello life.

No comments:

Post a Comment